Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Pollo is Loco!

Friday night we grilled some chicken on the pit and I must say it was outstanding!  My mouth is watering thinking about that crispy skin.  So here goes our marinade recipe: 

1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine (I used cooking wine)
1/2 TBSP Oregano
1/2 tsp Thyme
1 1/2 TBSP Salt
5 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce ( In the chinese section at the grocery store-or just plain old tabasco would work)

Mix all ingredients and marinate 6 chicken thighs for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.  Sprinkle thighs with Lawry's Season Salt and MOST IMPORTANT  Bolners Fiesta Chicken Rub- very liberally  - my chicken is covered in it.  Grill till done.

Jamie and I were going fishing today, but the wind is really whipping too hard for that, so we settled on making some soap bait and hopefully we can use it tomorrow.  Sure is stinky stuff, but it works pretty good on those old catfish.

Till we eat again.....

Jamie is here.  The chicken was fabulous.  Dad did a good job grilling-took awhile, but worth it.  No bisquits though :(  Yesterday was grandma's birthday.  We had a party for her.  It was fun.  I want to go fishing today, but Mom will not let me because it is windy.  We made soap bait and I remember doing that when my dad and david used to go fishing.  It stinks!  Babybel cheese is good, I am eating some right now.  We watched how it was made on Unwrapped last week.  Bye Bye  See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment