Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mountain Dew Cake

Let me start by saying  -  I am NOT a Mountain Dew fan.  But you know me, got a new recipe- gotta try it. LOL.  I tried this out on Super Bowl night for the family and had no complaints and it is ALL gone tonight.  Just washed the cake server up.  Got this recipe from the Paula Deen Magazine but adapted it a little since I didn't have the necessary ingredients.

Mountain Dew Cake

1 Box lemon cake mix ( I didn't have one so I substituted one yellow cake mix and a teaspoon of lemon extract)
1 (3.4 ounce) box of lemon flavored instant pudding mix ( I used lemon jello mix)
1 (12 ounce) can of Mountain Dew Soda
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Lightly grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.  In a large bowl, combine cake mix, and pudding mix.  Add soda, oil, and eggs.  Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.  Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for 45 -50 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.  

This cake was SUPER moist !  Was great without a frosting but you could dress it up with a simple powdered sugar drizzle or my favorite: take a white ready made frosting and throw it in the microwave for 25 seconds or so until it is pourable and drizzle over cake.

Here's what Jamie thought:  It was yummy!I ate it for dessert.  There was no complaints from anyone because it was yumilicious. I figured out what I got for my writing CBA- I got a 75 on my revising and editing i got an 86.  We are going to the Alamo, the Imax and the missions on Friday for our field trip and it is going to be so fun.  I have never been to the imax and missions.Today we played a new game in gym and it was with a bowling pin and a basketball.  Whenever we hit the pin with the basketball we had to go shoot a whole bunch of baskets to get points.  My papa Dan was here this weekend and i had fun seeing him.  For our valentines party at school we are having an ice cream party and I am bringing sprinkles.  The end.Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Yumilicious ??? Is that a word ?? Or are you like Rachael Ray making up new words that get put in Websters!! Good Job! Enjoy the field trip.
    Later

    ReplyDelete